11/3/22 - updated with opening details
Previously cooking up a storm in her residency on the rooftop at The Dorchester, Mexican-born chef Adriana Cavita is getting ready to open her own restaurant.
The chef, who trained up at some of the world's top restaurants including El Bulli and Pujol, will be celebrating her Mexican culture with the food at Cavita. "Inspired by the flavours of my childhood; each dish is connected to my memories of family, celebration and adventures."
Dishes you'll find on the menu include:
- Carlingford Rock Oysters with Clamato oil and jalapeno vinaigrette
- Yellow Tail Aguachile Rojo with watermelon, mezcal and ‘grasshopper’ seasoning
- Birria taco, guajillo adobo sauce and veal bone consomé
- Baja fish taco, hake in masa tempura with smoked cabbage escabeche
- Tlayuda with chargrilled pumpkin, Oaxaca beans, nacha sauce, Somerset cheddar and duck fat.
- Wood grilled herb fed chicken, green mole with coal-roasted vegetables, green herbs and pumpkin seeds
- Serandeado Whole Fish - whole brill cooked over hot coals with morita chilli paste
- Barbecued Octopus with guajillo & pasilla adobo, avocado and pickled vegetables
"Cuisines are constantly evolving, never set in stone for eternity. So words like "real" or "authentic" are always a little loaded, but I do my best to get to the heart of authentic Mexican cuisine and showcase it in my cooking,” says Adriana. If you want to see that cooking at close quarters, make sure to book the chef's table - a communal table served by Adriana herself.
Downstairs from Cavita you'll find Mayahuel - the standalone mezcaleria, which will also have its own street entrance. Here they'll be serving up signature margaritas alongside snacking plates like tuna tostada and esquites with added bone marrow.
More about Cavita
Where is it? 56 Wigmore St, Marylebone, London W1U 2RZ
When does it open? 20 May 2022
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners