Updated 29/1/18 with soft launch offer
In a nutshell: Middle Eastern food with a modern twist
Summing it all up: Murat Kilic and Pierre Apri have taken some hefty inspiration from the region, but given it a European flavour, meaning Amber's menu is Middle Eastern food, but not as you know it, making it a perfect fit for its high end Piazza Square address.
Whipped feta, salt baked salmon, and burnt aubergine with crushed olives - and that’s just the breakfast offering at Amber, a new Middle Eastern restaurant heading to Aldgate East.
The all day restaurant is opening its doors in the area’s very well-to-do Piazza Walk, where you’ll be able to stop in from morning to evening to tuck into their colourful food. Lunch time will be all about their pides - aka a pizza-esque Turkish flatbread - available topped with aubergines, or a shakshouka-like blend of baked tomato and egg. Or go a little lighter with one of their salads, which sound firmly on the right side of flavoursome, with charred broccoli, butternut squash, miso-glazed aubergine and pomegranate all making an appearance.
Other than that, there’ll be
- Salgam-cured sea bass with fennel, coriander and orange
- Stuffed mussels with rice, herbs and cinnamon
- Crispy chicken thighs with pickled Sharon fruit, chilli mayo and red slaw
- Fried cauliflower, crispy shallots, green tahini and pomegranate
- Burnt Truffle Goats Cheese Mousse, roasted and pickled beetroot with toasted chilli peanut cracker
More about Amber
Where is it? 21 Piazza Walk, London E1 8QH
When does it open? 29 January 2018. 50% off food until 4 February 2018.