They closed in London in 2020 and moved out to the Osea on the Essex Coast but now they're returning to London, taking up a space in the luxury retailer Browns' new store in Mayfair.
The restaurant will be in the flagship Browns on Brook Street, with zero-waste sustainable and ethical dining as well as an emphasis on foraging continuing to be the main focus. In the kitchen will be Head Chef Joe Knowlden, who comes from Hide, and on the menu will be:
- Roasted onion Tarte Tartin
- Jerusalem artichoke, English grains, Lincolnshire poacher and watercress
- Dorset Brown Crab, Cacklebean duck egg and foraged sea herbs.
- Roast Cauliflower, Nasturtium and brown butter
- Poached brill, seaweed Beurre blanc with Sutton Farm chard
- Retired dairy cow ribeye, yeasted onion puree and wild mushrooms.
- The seaweed infused "Mermillionaire Shortbread"
- Their signature white chocolate and bone marrow caramel, the ‘Marrowmel’.
Until the restaurant is able to open - they'll also be delivering an at-home menu, so you'll be able to get a preview of what they're up to delivered anywhere in the country.
And don't worry if you haven't had the chance to see what they're up to in Osea, that restaurant will be reopening and is bound to be a big draw this summer.
They're not the first big restaurant to have a home in a shop - here are some of London's best instore cafes and restaurants.
More about Native at Browns
Where is it? 39 Brook Street, London W1K 4AH
When does it open? Home delivery from 19 February 2021, restaurant spring/summer 2021
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners