CasaCosta is the latest restaurant from Roberto Costa, who brought Macellaio RC to London. If you're wondering - hasn't CasaCosta been open a fair while, you'd be partly right. In October, it opened as a shop only, selling everything from cheeses and charcuterie to pasta and sauces. But now it's unveiling the new restaurant that's hidden behind an entrance inside the shop.
There, you'll find a small Italian restaurant showcasing many of the ingredients you'll find in the store. On the menu is:
- Aglio, olio & habanero (creamy garlic sauce topped with toasted habanero breadcrumbs)
- Tortellini in brodo (freshly made tortellini in chicken broth, crispy chicken skin and parmigiano reggiano)
- Polpette di fassona (meatballs made of renowned fassona beef in passata)
- Merluzzo alla Palermitana (pan-fried cod with capers, anchovies and onion served with tomato sauce).
- Tartelleta di pere (cocoa pastry, caramelised pears, sweet ricotta and chocolate marzipan)
- Pan di Spagna al caffe (coffee sponge with gianduia cream and chocolate).
There's a little bit of table theatre too as steak tartare is made tableside and they'll plate spaghetti al pomodoro with a bit of tableside flourish too - "with the waiter pouring the sauce on top of the dish in front of diners to resemble the Vesuvius volcano".
As for the look, apparently, it's modelled on Roberto Costa's own living room "to create a home away from home".
More about CasaCosta
Where is it? 461-465 North End Rd, Fulham, London SW6 1NZ
When does it open? 3 December 2020
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners