What: Copper Chimney
In a nutshell: Big Indian restaurant opens in the UK for the first time
Summing it all up: Copper Chimney have several popular restaurants in India and this will be their first in the UK - opening at Westfield London in White City. Expect all of the dishes that have been popular in India, all cooked with the same techniques from the very first Copper Chimney in 1972.
Westfield in White City's complete reinvention of its food offering continues with another new opening. This time it's the turn of Copper Chimney, a restaurant that first opened in Indian in 1972 - this will be its first UK restaurant.
The restaurant covers cuisine from across north India, and they continue to use the cooking techniques that were established in its first restaurant. Here's what's planned for the menu:
- Amritsari Shrimp - a carom-flavoured battered shrimp
- Delhi-Style Fried Chicken - flavoured with our hand-pounded garam masala, cayenne pepper and an array of spices
- Reshmi Malai Chicken - lightly marinated in hung yoghurt and cream, delicately flavoured with white pepper and cardamom
- Tandoor Roasted Sweet Potato - with an in-house tangy and hot seasoning.
Grilled Burrah Chop - cinnamon-scented, lamb chops marinated for over eight hours, seared and chargrilled
- Butter Chicken - boneless tandoor chicken simmered in a tomato, butter-infused gravy, with dry fenugreek
- Bazaar ke Chole - chickpeas soaked in an infusion of tea leaves and a homemade spice blend, flavoured with dried pomegranate
On top of that will be biryani dishes, bread cooked in the tandoor oven, including Kabuli Naan (a leavened tandoor cooked bread stuffed with 'mawa' and topped with dates and apricot) which was previously only available at the very first Copper Chimney. While desserts include Garjar Pistachio Crumble - a slow-cooked carrot pudding with cardamom and sweetened milk layered with chopped pistachio and praline crumble.
Drinks will also have Indian influences - like the Mumbai Mule - whiskey, spiced liqueur, saffron-cardamom bitters, lemon juice and ginger.
The restaurant will also continue to work with Action Against Hunger, helping raise funds for the fight against hunger and malnutrition.
More about Copper Chimney
Where is it? Southern Terrace, Westfield London, Ariel Way, White City, London W12 7GA
When does it open? 14 October 2019
Soft launch info: Hot Dinners readers are getting an exclusive first look. Find out more here.
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners