A Hot Dinners exclusive:
He went down a storm as a MasterChef finalist, now Dr Nawamin Pinpathomrat is back throwing what sounds to be an unmissable popup in London. Crab Anatomy which, he says merges his medical science knowledge and cooking ability.
He'll be using freshly caught Cornish Crab from Rob Wing in St Mawes in a variety of ways. "It’s always been my dream to combine the best of British produce with my own Thai twist, he says, " supporting local fishermen and farmers in the process."
Working alongside Dr Nawamin will be fellow medic Dr George Tentas - a researcher at Oxford and who also works at Guys and St Thomas's but will be switching to GM duties for the popup. PhD chemist Kwang Nattawadee will be front of house and social media is being run by Chat Coloc, a last year PhD student in Mathematics at Royal Holloway.
There'll be weekly specials and a changing vegan/vegetarian-friendly option - Cabbage Taxonomy - using all manner of cruciferous vegetables, including cabbage, cauliflower and bok choy. The regular menu menu reads like an absolute dream...
- Truffle Crab: Crab broth, coconut milk, galangal and white truffle oil
- Red Claw: Crab claw, Thai holy basil, tomato and tamarind
- Yellow Crab Curry (Keang Poo): White crab meat, turmeric, Thai basil and rice noodle
- Crispy Crab: Crab legs, bean curd, coriander, plum sauce
- Golden Claw: Crab claw, salted egg yolk, chili oil
- Crab Darling (Poo Ja): Crab shell, prawn and white crab meat
- Signature’s Crab Curry: Brown crab meat, onion, celery and jasmine rice
Prices will range from £7-£12 and there'll be a combo platter for £24. Hell, even the dessert features crab - Snow Crab is made with palm sugar ice-cream, sticky crab and coconut.
More about Crab Anatomy
Where is it? Chamomile Cafe, 45 England's Lane, London NW3 4YD
When? 23 May - 15 June 2019. Dinner only - Thursday to Saturday.
How to book: book online
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners