We're very much creeping towards a more Autumnal feel, so the idea of the Glorious 12 - a pop up featuring game and whisky sounds about right.
The event is a mashup featuring The Scotch Malt Whisky Society and The Wild Game Co. - they'll be in Shoreditch for three days next month, pairing seasonal wild game with rare single cask whiskies. Every evening they'll be serving up a menu of Scottish game tapas, which features 12 different types of wild game, including woodcock, hare, partridge and wild boar.
And those pairings do sound delicious - examples we have include:
- Grouse, toasted brioche, roasted and pureed fig paired with a 34 year old juicy oak and vanilla single grain dram (pictured)
- Roe deer striploin with frites, béarnaise and rowan jelly paired with a 22 year old peated dram
- Partridge, butterbean and chorizo matched with a 20 year old spicy and sweet dram
Each night there'll be two ticketed sittings at 6.45pm and 8.45pm which include talks by the following experts:
- Thursday 11th September – Foraging flavours with Thom Hunt
- Friday 12th September – Game butchery with Thom Hunt
- Saturday 13th September – DIY meat smoking with Ru Emslie
But you'll also be able to just drop into the bar to try the whisky and food.
For tickets and more information go to http://www.smws.co.uk/glorious12. The £29 ticket price gets you a hosted dining experience, 4 pairings of game and whisky and a guest talk. Only ticket buyers have access to the full menu of 12 whisky and game pairings.
The Glorious 12 Whisky & Game Bar will be at Studio 2, 31 New Inn Yard, Shoreditch, London, EC2A 3EY from Thursday 11th September – Saturday 13th September.