What: Restaurant name
In a nutshell: Canalside small plates with Mediterranean, Levantine and Spanish flavours
Summing it all up: A new restaurant devoted to small sharing plates with a Spanish twist. Essentially tapas, but not as you know it.
Ah, tapas. Perfect for the warmer months, when tackling whole main on your own is too much to handle, or when you’re just really in the mood to ‘share’ (steal) your co-diner’s lunch.
Actually, technically speaking, Broadway Market’s new restaurant Tuyo doesn’t really serve tapas. Actually, they serve pinchos: “Mediterranean and Levantine small plates with a Spanish twist”. But from what we can tell, all of the above tapas-related points still apply.
Even better - the man behind the whole thing is Ricardo PImentel, a chef formerly of the Salt Yard Group, who apart from their namesake also worked at Ember Yard and Veneta, so there’s every reason to get your hopes up.
Some of the pinchos we’ve been promised include:
- Harissa lamb rump served with pisto and black olive couscous, pistachio and harissa dressing
- Duck and figs on a bed of pearl barley, gremolata, pomegranate, carrot puree and smoked almond
- Picos blue and date croquetas with selection of charcuterie and cheeses mainly from Spain and Italy
- Chicken thigh with honey poached apricots, sumac yoghurt and pistachios
- Halloumi, roast beetroot, orange hazelnuts and 8 year aged balsamic
- Dill and lime cured salmon and beetroot, served with yoghurt and berries
- Burrata, black beans, confit mixed peppers and sourdough croutons
There’ll also be a whole host of cocktails created for the restaurant, like the Beso De Lavanda making the absolutely inspired pairing of gin with lavender syrup and lime, and if you can order it with a straight face, the Saffron Aphrodisiac with tequila and spicy chilli.
If you’d like to visit, we think it's a good idea to get down before the weather gets too grey - it’s situated on a the pretty stretch of canal that runs along Broadway Market, making it an ideal location to while away a lazy summer afternoon.
More about Tuyo
Where is it? Tuyo, 129A Pritchard’s Road, London, E2 9AP
When does it open? Open now
Find out more: Visit Tuyo’s website.