If you’re on the hunt for a foodie gift with a difference, or just plan to seriously spoil yourself this Christmas, Harrods' Food Hall is always a safe bet. But now they've taken things to another level, with a whole new range of gorgeous, takeaway French dishes from none other than Hélène Darroze (of double Michelin-starred The Connaught fame).
So that’ll include *extremely* high end delights such as:
- Chicken, foie gras and pistachio pie
- Lobster, sweetbread and salsify vol-au-vent
- Pigeon Wellington with foie gras
- Tropical Baba with Darroze Armagnac
- Duck sausage roll with black trompette mushrooms
- Gratin of chard, Noir de Bigorre ham and 36-month Comté cheese
- Corn-fed chicken from Les Landes, stuffed with croquillette pasta and wild mushrooms
The range, which is called Hélène at Home, follows previous seasonal product runs from chefs including Tom Kerridge and Tom Kitchin.
She’ll also be running a very upmarket supper club with a five-course tasting menu, which will include quite a few of the dishes from the food hall, plus ‘Fines de Claire’ oyster tartare with Oscietra caviar, Grilled veal rib from Limousin and native blue lobster on the grill with carrot and confit citrus mousseline. Very swanky indeed, and with a price tag to match, starting at £100 with no wine pairing, or £150 with.
It’s good timing for the new range to launch, considering that the luxury department store has rolled out phase one of what it’s dramatically calling ‘The Taste Revolution’ - aka that huge facelift that we recently covered.
When: The Hélène at Home range is available now until end of December. The supper club is on 6,7 and 8 December.
Where: 87-135 Brompton Rd, Knightsbridge, London SW1X 7XL