It's been quite a while in the planning but the downstairs bar at Rok in Shoreditch is now officially ready to go. The a new 24 seat bar space will open this month and here's what you need to know:
They have an ace mixologist on the job - the seasonal cocktail menu is designed by Matt Whiley.
The food may have a touch of Ikea about it but it also sounds like perfect bar snacks - such as duck pate with fermented cloudberry on Knäckerbröd.
Rok's ethos of food preparation will extend to the drinks list - think smoking and fermentation.
The launch menu will feature 10 drinks, including:
- Earth and Trees – Burnt beetroot distillate, birch sap shrub and dry vermouth
- Seasonal Bones – Duck bone distillate, whisky, plum vermouth
- Orchard Monster – Peated scotch, Poire William, dandelion honey and pickled chartreuse Rowan
- Berry Negroni – An alternative twist on the popular classic substituting Rowan Berry Liqueur in place of Campari
- Aquavit Sour – The quintessential Scandinavian spirit introduced as a sour
- Spiced Rye Sour – Rok’s very own spiced rye with an almond shrub combined with Palo cortado sherry and lemon juice
Below the Smoke opens on Wednesday 13th April 2016 at Rök Smokehouse and bar, 26 Curtain Road, London, EC2A 3NY. Opening hours will be Monday and Tuesday (only by special arrangement); Wednesday & Thursday – 6pm – 11pm; Friday & Saturday – 6pm – 12am. Keep up with their news on Twitter @belowthesmoke.