In a nutshell: Nobu does street food
Summing it all up: The bar at Nobu Hotel Shoreditch is being converted to Nami, a new "supper bar" that combines their cocktails with Japanese street food.
Change is afoot at Nobu Hotel Shoreditch where they're adding a new "street food supper bar" to the hotel called Nami. This is going to take over both the bar area and the terrace on the lower ground floor (the bit before you get to the main Nobu restaurant) and it's something brand new for the group.
The plan is to match the Nobu cocktails (which are pretty good, we have to say) with Japanese street food. On the menu will be:
- Sakana Chip – Classic cod and chips masterfully combined into one lightly battered piece, served with Japanese ponzu and a creamy spicy sauce. They're already calling this "a soon-to-be Instagram sensation" so don't be surprised to see that pop up on your feed.
- Dashi Fries – 24-hour slow-cooked confit fries, soaked in Dashi soup stock and fried twice
- Kakigori Strawberry – a traditional Japanese shaved ice dessert given a British twist with fresh strawberries and cream, served with edible gold leaf.
The new snacks come with new cocktails, including
- Matcha Colada – a pina colada twist combining nitro matcha, coconut and pineapple juice
- Nami Spritz – Sake Sadono, dry vermouth, pineapple, lemon juice, ginger ale and Prosecco
- Mango With Passion – mango and passion fruit martini, infused with rosemary syrup, fresh lemon juice and garnished with a sushi roll, ready to be dipped or eaten separately.
It's a no-reservations space and comes with "animated street-art and interior projections created by up-and-coming artists adorning the walls" and Kabuki DJs – "a collective of mysterious, masked DJs playing a new edge of electro-lounge fused with soul-disco and some hip hop during service".
More about Nami
Where is it? 10-50 Willow St, Hackney, London EC2A 4BH
When does it open? 4 November 2019
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners