Despite the recent chill, London's summer plans are well underway and the latest spot to reveal their colours for the season are John Lewis. They're bringing in My Million Pound Menu winners BBQ Dreamz for their rooftop space this summer. The newly titled Filipino concept, Bong Bong’s Manila Kanteen will serve up all manner of treats. Here's the menu:
- Lechon Kawali - Crispy fragrant pork belly, with pickled papaya salad and a Filipino lechon dipping sauce
- Grilled Aubergine Satay Curry - a peanut and coconut milk curry with garden peas, roasted peanuts, fresh pineapple, spring onion, coriander and lime
- Ginataang Tahong - Steamed fresh mussels in a spiced ginger coconut broth
- Beef Tapa - Garlic cured Bavette steak with tomato coriander salsa and a fried egg
- Adobo Glazed Chicken Wings or Cauliflower with lime aioli, spring onion and nigella
- Sweet Potato Fries with sriracha lime mayo and shichimi salt
- Asian Roots Salad - Daikon, kohlrabi and carrot with a ginger coriander dressing
And if you're not the kind of person who makes reservations but likes doing things on the fly, they'll be running 'Walk-in Wednesdays’ where you can just rock up and try the food.
The whole thing is part of Roof Fest London at The Gardening Society's makeover for the summer of 2019 which is taken on a festival theme. So there's a stage for live music, cocktails from Background Bars and a bit of a Boho look to the whole place.
More about Roof Fest London
Where is it? John Lewis, 300 Oxford St, London W1C 1DX
When? Opens 19 April 2019
Find out more: Visit their website
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners