As you may know, there's a VERY long wait if you want to get a booking at Tom Kerridge's Hand and Flowers, but if you can't wait or make the trek out to Marlow, there's another option coming soon. As well as becoming Harrods Chef of the Season, he'll also have a week-long pop-up in the food hall.
It'll be a counter restaurant, seating 21, called Tom's Table mainly based around grill cooking - with dishes from his book and classic fishes from The Hand and Flowers. The three courses will include:
- Game and Mushroom Terrine with Dill, Pickles & Toasted Sourdough
- Duck Liver Parfait with Orange Chutney & Brioche
- Crispy Pig’s Head with Sweet Date Sauce, Pancetta and Chickweed
- English Cheddar & Ale Soup with Pickled Apples & Rape Seed Oil
- Spiced Monkfish, Roasted Cauliflower Puree, Home Made Raisins & Ver Jus
- Tom’s Table Venison Chilli with Puffed Rice & 100% Chocolate
- Charcoal Cooked Treacle Cured Fillet of Beef, Hot Dog Onions & Thyme
- Beer Brined Chicken, Pistachio Crumble, Truffle & Choux Farce
- Hand & Flowers Triple Cooked Chips
- Crushed Swede with Cracked Black Pepper
- Wilted Kale with Crispy Ham Hock
- Chocolate & Ale Mousse with Salted Caramel & Frosted Pecans
- Whisky & Rye Pudding with Crème Chantilly
- Apple Tart Fine & Brambly Apple Sorbet
- Vanilla Crème Brulée
All that will be £55 for the tree courses or £90 with marched wines. But if you can't get a booking there either, there's still a chance to try his food as he'll also have a menu to take away from the food hall. First up is a Winter Menu (from 1 October) which includes Guinea fowl terrine walnut and celery mayo, Shin and bone marrow pie, Duck faggots, lentils and red cabbage and Chocolate and ale mousse , salted caramel and frosted pecans. And there's also going to be a Christmas menu (from 12 November to 5 January) including Potted crab and cucumber chutney, Honey roast Ham salt baked pineapple and Cumberland sauce, Slow goose and ale pie ( savoy and parsnip) and Whiskey panna cotta blue berries and Thyme.
Tom's Table will be in the Harrods Food Hall, 87-135 Brompton Rd, London SW1X 7XL, from 2-8 November. The three course set menu costs £59 per person and £89 with matching wine pairings. Bookings open on 1 September and you can get more information at TomsTable@Harrods.com.