The US branches of burger mecca Shake Shack have been celebrating Oktoberfest in America for seven years with the yearly Shacktoberfest. Now with the recently-opened Covent garden Branch, Shacktoberfest is coming to the UK too.
What this means for burger lovers is that loads more specials are added to the menu for the duration which include the following (we do love the sound of the burger/bratwurst combo ):
- Cheese Brat Burger: 100% all-natural Angus beef burger topped a flat-top griddled Emmanteler cheese bratwurst, crispy ShackMeister Ale-marinated shallots and ShackSauce (£7.75)
- Spicy Brat: Griddled spicy smoked garlic sausage (£5.00)
- Currywurst: Bavarian Brat topped with crispy ShackMeister Ale-marinated shallots and curry ketchup (£5.00)
- Bavarian Brat: Griddled bratwurst topped with spicy mustard (£5.00)
- Cheese Brat: Griddled Emmanteler cheese-stuffed bratwurst (£5.00)
- German Chocolate Pecan Concrete: Chocolate frozen custard blended with coconut-pecan caramel and St. JOHN Bakery chocolate hazelnut brownie (Single: £4.00 | Double: £6.50)
- Apfelstrudel Shake: Vanilla frozen custard hand-spun with apples, caramel and spices (£4.50)
You'll also be able to pick up a Shake Shack Shacktoberfest Bier Stein with their own Shackmeister Ale (from Brooklyn Brewery) for £10 - and that's only available during the event. You can refill that for 4.50 throughout Shacktoberfest too.
Now - if only they would bring the cronut concrete over here that caused such madness in the US recently too.
Shacktoberfest runs from Friday October 4 to Sunday October 13 at Shake Shack in Covent Garden. For more info, follow Shake Shack UK on Twitter.