What: Little Kolkata
In a nutshell: Calcutta supperclub goes permanent.
Summing it all up: Little Kolkata has been a successful supperclub specialising in Bengali cuisine. Now they're settling down with a permanent restaurant in Covent Garden with a bigger menu, new dishes and more.
They've had great success with their supperclubs and now Little Kolkata are settling down in Covent Garden with a permanent Bengali restaurant. The supperclubs have been running sell-outs since 2017 (the most recent in April this year) and you can see what they got up to here.
Founders Prabir Chattopadhyay and Biswajit Deb Das are looking to bring the vibe of those supperclubs to the restaurant (so expect some themed evenings too) as well as expanding the menu. And on that menu will be:
- Maacher cutlet (£6.50), a cod cutlet served with the typical Calcuttan mustard sauce Kashundi
- Lilish Maacher Deemer (£8.50), a spiced fish egg from the Hilsa
- Chicken liver sautéed with of spice and fresh chillies, with Home-made truffle paratha,
- Calcutta Mishti Doi (£3.50), a baked sweet yoghurt
- Cardamom coffee brownie with rose ice-cream (£4.50)
Cocktails will also carry on the Bengali influence, including a "Saffron Spritz" and "Jasmine vodka – Indian Summer Garden" ans expect the Calcutta theme to carry through to the design of the restaurant.
More about Little Kolkata
Where is it? 51-53 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London WC2H 9JU
When does it open? 2 September 2018
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners