Eating chocolate at any time is a pleasurable experience. But eating chocolate and doing good at the same time is way better. So we're hugely behind the return of Chocs for Chance - a charity auction co-founded by Fred Sirieix of First Dates fame (and also General Manager at Galvin at Windows restaurant).
The idea is simple. Top chefs create some amazing boxes of chocolates. They're raffled in an online auction and the proceeds go to Galvin’s Chance, a charity providing young people aged 18-24 and not in employment or education with hospitality training, a work placement and opportunities to secure permanent employment within the hospitality industry.
The list of folk involved in this year's auction is amazing.
- Anna Hansen of The Modern Pantry
- Christophe Gasper of sketch Restaurant and Bars
- Carla Henriques of Hawksmoor and Foxlow restaurants
- Mor Singh Jakhi of The Cinnamon Club
- Antonio Favuzzi of L’Anima
- Joo Young-Won of Galvin at Windows
- Paul A Young of Paul A Young Fine Chocolates
- Eric Lanlard of Cake Boy Ltd
- Aggy Dadan of Cotswolds Finest Cakes
- UK World Chocolate Master Barry Johnson
- Tom Kerridge
- Phil Howard
- Dominique Ansel and Dominique Ansel Bakery London
- GBBO's Chetna Makan and Martha Collison
- Chantelle Nicholson of Tredwells
- Benoit Blin, Executive Pastry Chef at Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons
- Cyrus and Pervin Todiwala of Café Spice Namaste
- Allan Picket of Swan restaurant at Shakespeare’s Globe
- Jeremy Lee of Quo Vadis
- Sarah Hartnett
In addition to the auction there's also an online raffle which includes a box of chocs designed by Fred himself and inspired by French patisserie. There's also two hour masterclass and dinner booked by chef Ben Spalding of PuzzleProjects, a £150 dinner voucher for any of José Pizarro’s restaurants. Raffle tickets cost £10 each and can be purchased now via the Chocs for Chance website.
More about Chocs for Chance
When does the auction start? It's on right now
Find out more: Visit their website chocsforchance.org