Updated 14/11/14 with changes to chef:
We admit it, we were intrigued/confused by news that a ‘non-restaurant’ restaurant was going to be popping up in Spitalfields for a month. But it does sound interesting because Deluxe will be headed up by Michelin-starred chef, Kevin Love, who was previously at Heston Blumenthal's Hind's Head in Bray. [Correction: Kevin is now not going to be cooking here]
The restaurant will run for a month in Ely’s Yard, Spitafields. Highlights from the menu include smoked reindeer with pickled blackberries and tagliatelle with lobster and truffle oil (£17). At the end of each meal diners get the recipes so they can recreate their meals at home.
Other dishes include:
- Smoked reindeer with pickled blackberry, radish, mascarpone and baby gem (£7)
- Queenie scallops with ginger, chilli, cucumber, sesame and crispy noodles (£6)
- Chargrilled lamb chops with couscous, feta, smoked aubergine, pistachio and green sauce (£12)
- Gnocchi with peas, saffron cream, pesto and parmesan (v) (£11)
- Panettone bread and butter pudding with white chocolate custard (£5)
- Belgian chocolate cheesecake with salted caramel (£4)
They'll also be holding weekly wine tastings too.
The publicity for the restaurant states that customers will get a surprise twist at the end of each meal and while we don't want to give any spoilers, we've pretty much guessed who's behind it. The clue is in the name.
Deluxe will run from 14 November – 14 December at Ely’s Yard, near Spitalfields, London, E1. To make a reservation call 0203 773 5419. The Tuesday wine tastings will take place on 25 November, 2 December, 9 December