Autumn is definitely the best season: and not just because it's an excuse for cosy jumpers and big bowls of crumble with custard.
There's also Chocolate Week happening right now and to celebrate the occasion, we've rounded up some of the best chocolate puddings you can find in restaurants around town. Menus do often change, so ring ahead if you've set your heart on something. And pass us the biggest spoon....
One of our favourite fondants has to be the Duck and Waffle chocolate fondant which comes with generous whirls of peanut butter ganache and some ice cream you probably don't need but you will be unable to stop yourself scraping every last remnant from the plate.
CHOCOLATE FONDANT peanut butter ganache, praline crunch at Duck and Waffle, London . . #duckandwaffle #chocolate #cake #dessert #sweet #food #foodpic #foodgram #foodgasm #foodie #foodporn #yum #eat #london #londonfood #restaurants #londonrestaurants #delicious #timeoutlondon #londonist #lunch #brunch #dinner #instafood #foodblog #foodblogger #travel #londoneats
Also recommended: Holborn Dining Room, a standout place for dessert, where an excellent flourlesss fondant comes with orange ice cream on the side.
Tarting and torting things up
Also recommended: the chocolate tart at Padella: go for the pasta, stay for the tart:
Mousse with the most
Also recommended: Fifteen London which currently serves its organic chocolate mousse with tequila caramel for the win.
The triumphant desert that I had with my niece Anika @jamiesfifteen today - Piura Porcelena chocolate mousse, tequila caramel and blackberry. What a stunning combination, thank you @marianasweets @babusca and thank you for looking after us @kittyrayner ❤️❤️ . . . #chocolate #dessert #chocoholic #treatyoself #treat #chocolateheaven #desserts #sweets #caramel #blackberry #mousse #tequila #food #foodie #foodblogger #instagood #instafood #instafoodie
Let them eat cake
The wild card
More from London Chocolate Week
Chocolate Week runs from 9-15 October giving chocolatiers and pastry makers the city over a chance to get creative. Here's what's going down over the coming days.
- Looking for something eye-popping? Ben Murphy at Launceston Place has come up with this dish: Chocolate, Yuzu, Sesame - a pared-down name for a dish that's anything but..
- At Pollen Street Social you'll find the chocolate dessert that created a storm at the Celebrity Masterchef Final - bitter chocolate pavé, olive biscuit, and olive oil ice-cream..
- New Street Grill have curated a special savoury dish for National Chocolate Week - chargrilled Yorkshire venison loin, raspberries and parsnip crisps with a dark chocolate sauce. Available until Saturday 14th October..
- In Islington, Jaz & Jul’s have launched a new bottomless menu for their chocolate-themed vegan-friendly weekend brunch. Enjoy one savoury plus one sweet breakfast dish each with a chocolatey twist, accompanied by unlimited Prosecco or special cocoa-influenced breakfast cocktails.
- Shaun Rankin of Omer Mayfair has teamed up with Paul A Young to create a limited edition Jersey-inspired truffles. You can buy the at Paul’s three London chocolateries and as petit fours to the Chocolate Week Menu at Ormer Mayfair, situated within Flemings Mayfair. We highly recommend the Jersey Blackc butter with treacle toffee ganache.
- All the Galvin restaurants will be serving up special desserts for Chocolate Week in partnership with Valrhona chocolate. The Orleys chocolate ganache tart at Galvin at The Athenaeum features roasted figs and Azelia chocolate ice cream.
Chocolate Week offer
Fancy heading along to The Chocolate Show? Then get 15% off with our special offer.