10/1/22 - updated with opening date
The foodie hub that is Chelsea's Pavilion Road is soon going to be home to one of Yotam Ottolenghi's biggest neighbourhood delis. The all-day spot will open from breakfast through to early evening and they're promising some rather special new dishes that will be exclusive to Chelsea folk.
Running along the same lines as other Ottolenghis, there'll be a large communal table, massive salad counter and a veritable tower of sweet treats in the window to entice you inside. They are, however, promising an overall design that will make the Chelsea deli quite unique, including a terrazzo floor created by artist Ivo Bisignano.
The morning menu will kick off with shakshuka with braised eggs, labneh and grilled focaccia along with scrambled, rose harissa tofu before moving onto salads and mains - many unique to Chelsea:
- Grilled cod with spiced tomato and coconut spring greens
- Merguez lamb chop with whipped goat’s cheese / tzatziki
- Herb and peppercorn crusted sirloin (exclusive to Chelsea)
- Sumac and za’atar crusted sea bass with pomegranate and moutabal
- Kale tahini-caesar salad with za’atar chickpea and roasted grapes
- Grilled confit parsnip salad with herb and vinegar
If you just want to grab a pastry and go there'll be flourless orange and almond cake with chocolate ganache along with the new banana, caramel and tahini cake with sesame brittle on the launch menu.
More about Ottolenghi Chelsea
Where is it? 261 Pavilion Road, London SW1X 0BP
When? 13 January 2022
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners