Updated 12/10/21 with opening date
We'll confess we hadn't heard of American chef Matthew Kenney before. But it turns out he's a pretty big deal, with more than 40 restaurants around the world and a slew of A-list celebrities loving what he does. And what he does is plant food - but he makes it sexy.
Having opened restaurants in New York, Bahrain and Sydney, it was only a matter of time before he hit up London with his plant-based cuisine. He first tried back in 2019 with Essence Cuisine in Shoreditch which closed within a year, so he'll be hoping for more luck with this in-store restaurant at Selfridges.
The restaurant will be called Adesse and you'll find it where The Corner Restaurant used to be in the Women's Designer Galleries on the second floor.
As for the food, we're told the menu "will offer a selection of recipes from around the world, which are made using locally sourced and seasonal ingredients, alongside some of Matthew Kenney's namesake classics."
Examples from the launch menu include:
- Kelp noodle cacio e pepe with snap peas, pea shoots and dehydrated black olives
- Avocado tikka with grilled potato bread, curry leaf yogurt, coriander leaves and flowers
- Spicy udon with togarashi, tempeh, bok choy, roasted cashew plus radish
- Coconut and banana “cream pie”
- Hibiscus cheesecake with strawberries and pistachio
It actually sounds pretty interesting and might even tempt omnivores to give it a try.
More about Adesse
Where is it? Selfridges, 400 Oxford St, London W1A 1AB
When? 10 December 2021
How to book: book online
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners