AngloThai, John and Desiree Chantarasak, have been pretty busy during the lockdown, with an excellent hot-dog kit and a recent collaboration with Cornerstone in Hackney. Now they're getting ready for post-lockdown too, with a new residency in Dalston, kicking off in July.
They'll be appearing at Dalston's Newcomer wines, with the menu not only available for collection/delivery but also at Newcomer Wines' alfresco tables (assuming the government sticks to the expected 4th July opening). Every Friday and Saturday, there will be a small number of tables open for booking - and we'd say those will be hot tickets, so grab one as soon as you can.
The menu will see some changes during the residency but here's how they're kicking off:
- GAI YANG - Garlic and coriander grilled poussin with fish sauce caramel glaze and sweet chilli vinegar ‘nahm jim’
- MU PING - Whiskey and soy-marinated Ibérico pork skewers with roasted chilli and tamarind ‘jaew’
- SAI UA - Red curry pork sausage with smoked aubergine ‘nahm prik’ relish, pork scratchings and vegetables
- GAENG TAY PO (vegan) - Aromatic coconut cream curry with coal-roasted celeriac, morning glory shoots and kaffir lime
- SOM TAM FARANG (vegan) - Shredded vegetable slaw with sweet-sour-spicy dressing and toasted seeds
- KHAO HOM (vegan) - Steamed jasmine rice
In addition, John's teamed up with Irish beef for some weekly specials including dishes like:
- Grilled ‘crying tiger’ grass-fed Irish rib-eye with roasted chilli and tamarind dipping sauce
- Whiskey marinated grass-fed Irish sirloin with ‘falling water’ herb salad and roasted rice powder
- Aromatic red curry of grass-fed Irish rump with charcoal grilled celeriac and Thai basil
- ‘Laab’ spiced grass-fed Irish fillet with pounded chilli and herb dressing
There will also be some changes to the Newcomer Wines list. They're introducing "The New Old World’ wine list" with 300 bottles of back vintages and verticals from some of the most celebrated winemakers of the London restaurant scene, available for drinking in the bar itself. There will be more grower wines, including Christian Tschida, Claus Preisinger, Matassa and more, available too - including for delivery or takeaway.
All in all this will quite the scene in Dalston this summer.
More about AngloThai x Newcomer Wines
Where is it? 5 Dalston Ln, Dalston, London E8 3DF
When does it start? 3 July 2020, every Friday & Saturday in July
How to book: Coming soon on the Newcomer Wines site.
Find out more: Follow them on Instagram @anglothai.
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners