It may be hard to believe it, but the Kelis album Kaleidoscope, with its uber-hit Milkshake, is 20 years old this year. To celebrate some of us feeling very old indeed, Deliveroo is teaming up with Kelis herself to launch The Yard which - yes - will be serving milkshakes.
Kelis herself will be popping up in London, the day after her show at the Roundhouse, mixing some of the milkshakes herself. It's not the first time Kelis has been involved in the London food scene either - she previously ran a pop-up with Le Bun and has her own sauces too.
All the milkshakes are based on songs from the album and they do sound pretty great.
- Good Stuff - plantain, jerk seasoning and frozen banana ‘ribs’ sticking out, topped with Kelis’ ginger, honey & sesame glaze, cinnamon and nutmeg and a thyme syrup.
- Mars - Brick red in colour of with Kelis’ recommended combination of cherry and espresso, with crunchy crumb rim, garnished with dry ice and Aero crumb.
- Millionaire - Millionaire shortbread milkshake topped with edible real gold and edible paper 100$ bills and chocolate coins.
- I Want Your Love - Inspired by the famous savoury dish of the deep south - sweet biscuits with light or dark caramel gravy and classic vanilla milkshake topped with chocolate sauce gravy.
- Trick Me - Coconut milkshake but made fully vegan and free of refined sugar, topped with a mountain vegan marshmallows.
If you want to try some shakes with Kelis in the house, you'll have to head down to Great Eastern Street.
More about The Yard by Deliveroo and Kelis
Where is it? 46 Great Eastern St, Hackney, London EC2A 3EP (available on Deliveroo too)
When does it run? 18-19 March 2020
Find out more: Follow Kelis on Instagram @kelis.
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners