A Hot Dinners Exclusive
Following the death of Joël Robuchon last year, his famed London restaurant L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon also shut its doors this year. At the time, however, there was talk that the restaurant would appear in another guise in Mayfair, and that's definitely the case - but it appears that it's launching with two distinct parts.
Both will be part of the new 7 Clarges Street development, a new building of VERY fancy apartments on lower Piccadilly (just near Green Park Tube and another big Mayfair restaurant HIDE).
First, spotted (by us) on Bolton Street, they're getting ready to launch Le Deli Robuchon. And they're also opening Le Comptoir Robuchon in the same building, being referred to by the group as a "new evolved concept" under the same executive chef as L'Atelier, Jeremy Page. That looks like it will be on the first floor of the building.
Little info has been given on the new places, but we do know that (ex Chiltern Firehouse restaurant Manager) Jacob Willemsen is looking after Le Deli, while Martin Renshaw (general manager at HIDE) will be looking after Comptoir - so it sounds like the deli will have some dine-in aspect too.
Looking at draft menus, the food is being billed as "a tribute to the world of Joel Robuchon" using recipes and dishes from their chefs around the world. At Le Comptoir, dishes will include "The best of London" and The Best of the World". First, from London:
- Foie gras torchon, pear and cocoa with marble brioche
- Seared foie gras with Granny Smith apple and hibiscus
- Cod fillet wrapped in marbled kombu, served on a daikon puree with yuzu
- Braised oxtail with chestnuts, bone marrow and black truffle
And from the world:
- Waldorf salad with smoked duck breast
- Caviar served on a poached egg in a crispy batter
- Three mini tacos of sea bream, salmon and lobster
- Beef and foie gras burger, aromatic sauce and pickled shallots
- Stuffed quail with foie gras and truffled mash potato
They're planning to open in Autumn - so we should have much more news soon. Hopefully, the amazing mashed potatoes will be making a return too.
More about Le Deli Robuchon and Comptoir Robuchon
Where are they? 6 Clarges Street, London W1J 8AE (with the Deli entrance on Bolton Street).
When does it open? Autumn 2019
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners