Fresh from their successful residency at Highbury's Mountgrove Bothy, husband and wife team - John Chantarasak and Desiree West's AngloThai are heading to south London for their next venture. They'll be popping up at Robin and Sarah Gill's Clapham restaurants, Counter Culture and The Dairy for May and June.
First up, they'll be taking over Counter Culture serving up their traditional Thai recipes and flavours married with modern techniques and seasonal British ingredients and a low-intervention natural wine programme. Expect to find dishes like:
- Brixham Crab & Wild Ramson Broken Rice
- Root Vegetable Som Tam, Salted Duck Egg, Cobnuts
- Duck Hearts, XO Chilli Jam, Three Cornered Garlic
- Thai Donuts & Pandan Leaf Custard
So far, so good. But what's just as interesting is the series of events they'll be running next door to Counter Culture at The Dairy. The Sunday dinners - AngloThai With Friends in partnership with TABASCO® Sauce - will see a serious selection of London talent joining them in the kitchens. Each supper will be five courses served family-style, including snacks and a welcome drink and, in addition to the kitchen talent each dinner, will see a drinks list chosen by a weekly changing expert in the field of wine.
If you're anywhere near Clapham - and frankly, even if you aren't - you'll be wanting to book up for these, pronto.
- 12 May - Henry Harris (Harcourt Inns) with Christina Schneider (Bibendum)
- 19 May - Will Bowlby (Kricket) with Nic Rizzi (Modal Wines)
- 26 May - Ronnie Aronica (Public) with Jack Wakelin (Public)
- 2 June - Nud Dudhia (Breddos) with Roman Pawar (Les Caves de Pyrene)
- 9 June - Andy Oliver & Mark Dobbie (SomSaa) with Patrick Schindler (Soi Thai)
- 16 June - David Carter (Smokestak) with Honey Spencer (Bastarda)
- 23 June - Tongtong Ren & Perian Gong (Chinese Laundry) with Gareth McAinsh (The Mountgrove Bothy)
- 30 June - Robin Gill (The Dairy) with Desiree West (AngloThai)
More about AngloThai at Counter Culture
Where is it? Counter Culture, 16 The Pavement, London SW4 0HY
When? AngloThai at Counter Culture will take place Wednesday to Saturday from 8 May to 29 June. Book online. AngloThai With Friends” hosted at The Dairy will take place over eight consecutive Sundays starting 12 May and running until 30 June 30. Book at www.the-dairy.co.uk/events
Find out more: Follow them on Instagram @anglothai
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners