In a nutshell: Italian in Shoreditch via Paris
Summing it all up: The Big Mamma group in Paris have had huge hits with their trattorias and now they're coming to London with Gloria, taking over a big space in Shoreditch. Expect Italian food in a classic looking space (as well as a hidden 80s-set dining room).
Dining in Paris can be a very different experience to London - and there certainly aren't as many restaurants with queues outside. But one of the groups that's changing that is Big Mamma - the people behind La Felicitá and Pink Mamma in Paris, a food hall and a restaurant that are both hugely popular there. And now they're coming to London with Gloria, taking over the Shoreditch space that used to be Red's True Barbecue.
The London restaurants is Italian by way of Paris, in a 1950s Capri-inspired main dining room with marble from Carrara and mirrored ceilings. We hear that they'll be serving up Cacio e Pepe in a parmesan cheese wheel, 10 level lasagne and Profiterole Napolitana - all with ingredients sourced direct from Italy. Here's what else is on the menu:
- La vera pasta al tartufo (£20) - fresh papardelle, black Molise truffle, mascarpone, button mushrooms
- Amatriciana di seppia pasta (£15) - fresh calamari in umido, 5 hours San Marzano tomato sauce, candied guanciale, pecorino, calabrian chilli pepper, parsley
- Tortellini in brodo (£13) - hand-made tortellini filled with three meats, chicken and coriander broth
- Puissance 4 pizza (£15) - fior di latte mozzarella, gorgonzola cheese,caciocavallo, ricotta di bufala, white pepper
- Regina Instagram pizza (£15) - mozza fior di latte, burrata, stracchino cheese, button mushrooms, herb crusted ham, fresh chives
- Lobster risotto to share (£60) - fresh lobster, San Marzano tomatoes, mussels, crayfish bisque.
And we hear that they'll have "a secret downstairs 80s inspired dining room open till 2am". So THAT sounds interesting.
More about Gloria
Where is it? 54-56 Great Eastern St, London EC2A 3QR
When does it open? 22 February 2019
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners