Now that we're officially into Autumn, it's nice to have something to look forward to and the new series of Nordic dinners coming up at Selfridges sounds like just our cup of lingonberry tea. The store has brought in an incredibly impressive range of chefs for the various dinners - these are going to be seriously hot tickets.
First up is a dinner on 19 October by Swedish chef Bjorn Frantzén whose eponymous restaurant Restaurant Frantzén is currently No 31 in the World's 50 Best List and has two Michelin stars. Bjorn's menu can be seen in full here - but highlights include:
- Roasted scallops with truffled, scrambled eggs - Crispy potato, raw mushrooms & beurre noisette with aged, white soy
- Dover sole ’Jansson ́s temptation’ - Kalix vendace roe, ”råraka”, sauce vin blanc flavoured with preserved anchovy juice, dill & chives
- From his other restaurant, The Flying Elk, minted lamb - Confit lamb leg ”24h” with roasted, smoked lamb sweetbreads, sweet & sour cucumber, feta cheese, peppery lamb jûs, rocket oil, girolles & fresh peas.
- Eton mess - Whipped Earl Grey, sea buckthorns, crystalized seaweed & cloudberries
That's followed a week later on 27 October by an evening with NaCl - best described as the ultimate supperclub collaboration which was set up in Denmark in 2008 by a handful of chefs who had all worked at top restaurants in Spain. That original list has expanded with most of them now working at leading Danish restaurants - the Selfridges dream team will feature:
- Mette Dahlgaard: Head Chef at one Michelin-starred Geist, Copenhagen
- Lars Lundø: Head Chef of bistro Pony, Copenhagen
- Martin Bjørn: Head Chef at bistro Marv & Ben, Copenhagen
- Rasmus Leck Fischer: Head Chef at Gastronomisk Innovation food agency
- Christoffer Sørensen: Sous Chef at Dragsholm Slot, Denmark (that's his monkfish cheeks and live with fermented veg and cress pictured above)
- Anton Eff: Head Chef at Sortebro Kro, Odense, Denmark
- Erik Pedersen: Chef at one Michelin-starred Kadeau, Copenhagen
- Adrien Norwood: Sous Chef at Dragsholm Slot, Lammefjorden, Denmark.
You can see their planned menu here.
Both dinners cost £70 per person which includes amuse-bouches, a eight course menu and petits fours, which we reckon is unbeatable value when you consider the air fare alone you've saved. Wine matching will be available on the night for an additional £55 per person. To book and find out more click here.
The Nordic Dining experiences take place in the Corner Restaurant on the 2nd floor at Selfridges, 400 Oxford St, London W1A 1AB. For information about more experiences coming up in November keep an eye on Selfridges Twitter feed @SelfridgesFood