Updated 26/8 with soft launch details.
There's a new all-day brasserie and bar coming to Clerkenwell, from the people behind Reverend JW Simpson, Blitz Party and Prohibition and Bourne & Hollingsworth Bar. Their latest, Bourne & Hollingsworth Buildings, aims to combine everything they've done so far under one roof.
What you need to know Bourne & Hollingsworth Buildings
It will have the "faded grandeur of a stately home". So there's a 70 seat restaurant and greenhouse (that'll be good for Almost Alfresco), a café area, private rooms and a large cocktail bar. It's being designed by people behind Riding House Café, Pizza East, Soho House Berlin among others. If you went to B&H's Kitchen Party pop-up last summer it'll seem very familiar.
The food will be a modern British take on traditional brasserie food. In the kitchen is Head Chef Alex Visciano. He's worked at the two Michelin starred Michel Rostang in France and was previously Sous Chef at the Connaught. We've got a preview of the menu, which includes:
- Rabbit and hazelnut terrine in bacon, served with apple chutney.
- Fresh goat's cheese croquette, pickled mushroom and a fresh herb salad.
- Roasted salmon and sorrel roll, baby vegetables and sour butter sauce.
- Marinated lamb cannon with kofta spices, smoked baba ghanoush and chickpeas.
- Apple crumble souffle
- Lime and Castelvetrano Olive cheese cake
- Red wine raspberry trifle.
It's split into five distinct areas. The Bottle Room is a private dining room for 14 people,lined with with cabinets full of bottles of boutique spirits and fine alcohol. The cocktail bar will open onto the street while the café area will feature winged mahogany wicker chairs and high backed sofas, referencing that "abandoned country house" look. Meanwhile, the restaurant and greenhouse will mix soft furnishings and armchairs with cane garden furniture and wrought iron benches and will be filled with hanging baskets.
We've also had a preview of the cocktail menu, which includes:
- Port Flower Stinger: White Port with mint and elderflower
- Cider Rose: Apple & Blackberry Shrub with Somerset Cider Brandy, topped with Fizz
- West Indian Gimlet: Plymouth Nacy, Steve's Falernum #12, lime juice and House Bitters.
- Rum & Plum: Rum, plum Vermouth and Bitters
Where is it? 42 Northampton Road, London EC1R 0HU
And when does it open? 10 September (restaurant soft launch), full launch 22 September.
There's a soft launch of the Bourne and Hollingsworth Buildings restaurant from 10-20 September, with 50% off food. To book, call 020 3174 1156 or email email@example.com.
For more information, visit their website.