These days you don't need to travel the world to visit the best bars - they're all coming to London. Dead Rabbit is coming to Claridge's and now The Bloomsbury Club Bar (BCB) is bringing in cult Sydney bar The Baxter Inn for a bar residency this month, which kicks off on Wednesday 24th May.
It's hot on the heels of their own February pop-up which saw New York’s BlackTail visit London, all as part of the Bloomsbury Club Bar’s ‘Club Residencies Project'.
Over the course of this residency, you'll be able to order from a bespoke cocktail menu created by their beverage director James Irvine and that includes some of The Baxter Inn’s most popular drinks as well some that have been created just for the popup.
So some of the concoctions you can expect are:
- The Baxter Inn Old Fashioned - Bulletin Bourbon, sugar syrup and Angostura bitters -served on draft
- Dublin or Nothin’ - Jameson Irish Whiskey, fresh lemon juice, Crème De Pêche, fresh pineapple juice, domBénédictine and fresh ginger
- Whiskey Apple - George Dickel whiskey and freshly pressed Granny Smith apple juice
- Clarence St. Spritz - Tanqueray Gin, alkalised water, marjoram infused Bianco Vermouth and lemon & fresh sorrel sherbet.
- Bondi Beach - Ketel One, Framboise EDV, Lemon Juice, Saltbush honey water served on a bed of edible sand with a scoop of Tangelo and Finger Lime Sorbet.
- Opera House - Pampero Blanco, PamperoAnejo, Aussie Falernum, Bitter, Pommelo Juice, Lime and Coconut Sugar. Served with headphones to listen to a symphony of Baron Ochs and Queen of Night Aria from The Magic Flute
- Botanical Gardens - Tanqueray, Yellow Chartreuse, Nonino, Bittermans, Lemon Juice, Grass Syrup, Jasmine Tea Egg White and Edible Flowers
- Baxter Inn - JW Black, Calvados Pays D’Auge, Manzanilla Sherry, Hay smoked honey water, Cocchi Americano, Goats Cheese & Apricot Bitters with spritz Oak Essence
The Baxter Inn is renowned for its impressive whisky selection which specialises in Scottish single malts (their collection currently spans around 630 bottles). And malt fans will be very pleased see that the team will be bringing one of their most exclusive whiskies to serve to BCB guests.
And then there's the food. This is taking inspiration from signature dishes at the Sydney-based bar, and there will also be complimentary takeaway pretzels in case you get a food craving on the way home. We're told this is a big part of the experience.
Where: 16-22 Great Russell Street, London WC1B 3NN
When: 24 -27 May 2017, from 4pm until late.