108 Brasserie (formerly 108 Bar and Grill) is just coming out from a complete makeover, and with a new name too. The 108 Bar and Grill has been transformed into what they're aiming to be "truly local dining experience".
What you need to know about 108 Brasserie
It's an all day restaurant led by folk with a great pedigree. It's led by Tanya Yilmaz as General Manager, formerly of Asia De Cuba and most recently The Club at The Ivy while the kitchen is run by Executive Chef Russell Ford, who previously worked at The Grove hotel. The Bar will be run by Ivo Ferreira da Silva, who's come from The Athenaeum Hotel.
The food will be British sourced using local ingredients. An example of the menu includes:
- A salad of 12 baby lettuces and micro greens with grilled organic salmon and a basil dressing.
- Octopus carpaccio with a tomato and chilli dressing
- Argyllshire smoked salmon on Guinness brown bread
- Crispy pigs cheeks with an apple and raisin chutney.
- Confit breast of lamb with celeriac remoulade and green sauce
- Roasted monkfish served with curried lentils and crispy shallots
- Spelt risotto with wild mushrooms and Bosworth Ash goat’s cheese
- Autumn spiced fruit crumble served with vanilla ice cream
- Warm chocolate fondant with peanut butter ice cream and salted popcorn.
There's a large all-day bar space too with a weekly changing menu of small plates. Dishes include Foie gras and black truffle sausage roll, Coca Cola chicken wings and Baked camembert from local cheese favourite La Fromagerie, with roasted garlic and rosemary.
Cocktails also have a British feel. The 108 Edition is a blend of Maker’s Mark, spiced orange liqueur, Drambuie and angostura. There's also the Thyme Out – gin, cucumber and thyme infused Midori with lime and kiwi and the English Spritz – kiwi, Kamm & Sons with elderflower and Champagne.
When does it open? There's a a 50% off food soft launch offer from 4 - 6 November with the restaurant opening fully on 7 November. To book for the soft launch, call them on 020 7969 3900.
And where is it? 108 Marylebone Lane, London W1U 2QE
For more information, follow them on Twitter @108Marylebone