Taking over what used to be The Rectory, the people behind Smokehouse, The Pig & Butcher and The Princess of Shoreditch are opening their fourth pub - The Pig's Head.
This will be taking a different sustainability-led approach for them, hence the "pro-planet" label they're adopting. For example, all animals will be butchered on-site, and they'll work with farmers practising regenerative methods. In addition to that, everything in the pub (where possible) will be up-cycled or reused, they'll use 100% sustainable electricity and clean with 100% biodegradable chemicals. They'll even compost on-site (and make the compost available to local gardeners or allotments).
As for the food itself, that will include:
- Rock oyster ‘hot pot’ with lamb sauce, crispy lamb & confit potato
- Homemade black pudding, crispy potato & broken egg
- Coal-roasted squash, burnt orange, kale & pumpkin seed ‘ricotta’
- Ale-braised turnip gratin, cavolo nero, Young Buck Blue & tarragon crumble
- Chicken leg with chicken fat friend cauliflower & bacon crisps
- 42-day aged sirloin from Ivy House Farm with smoked bone marrow, Marmite onions, dripping & chicken salt chips.
- And - of course - Crispy pig’s head, pickled Aweside Farm rainbow radish & creamed leeks.
Bar snacks will include scotch eggs, crispy chicken skin and a sweet potato chip butty.
For drinks, they'll work with small-batch UK producers on the spirits, they'll have six wines poured from the keg, and plenty of local English wine on the menu too. All in all, sounds like a particularly promising new pub for Clapham.
More about The Pig's Head
Where is it? 87 Rectory Grove, Clapham Old Town, London SW4 0DR
When does it open? 8 November 2021
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners