Updated 30/6/20 with the revised post-lockdown opening date
What: Six by Nico
In a nutshell: Six dishes, changing every six weeks.
Summing it all up: Scottish chef Nico Simeone is heading to London with his concept restaurant, hitting up Fitzrovia with a regularly changing tasting menu.
The group already has restaurants in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Belfast, Liverpool and Manchester and now Scottish chef Nico Simeone is heading to London's Charlotte Street with his Six by Nico concept. The idea is pretty simple - the restaurant serves a six-course tasting menu that changes every six weeks. In London that will set you back £35.
Simeone learned his trade at Michelin-starred Number One at Balmoral before opening the much-vaunted 111 in Glasgow (it got a rave review from Marina O'Loughlin) and then moving into the bistro game.
The first tasting menu will be "The Chippie" featuring:
- Potato croquette coated in vinegar powder which will be served alongside a parmesan espuma drizzled with curry oil.
- Scrabster Monkfish cheek on a bed of wild garlic emulsion, gribiche, peas and beurre blanc
- “Steak Pie” with shredded Speyside beef shin, burnt onion ketchup, mushroom duxelle and ‘meaty salsa.'
- Shetland cod on top of confit fennel, samphire beer emulsion and pickled mussels
- Smoked Sausage featuring a trio of pork, apple, black pudding, salt-baked celeriac and choucroute.
- Deep-fried mars bar with Caramelia, chocolate mousse, blood orange sorbet and cocoa nib
Plus there's an extra dish if you fancy - Filo Cannelloni filled with taramasalata, keta caviar and crème fraiche (£5).
Wine pairings will be available at £33 per person or you can just choose from the wine list instead. As for the restaurant, taking account of social distancing, it'll now seat 76.
More about Six by Nico
Where is it? 33-41 Charlotte Street, London, W1T 1RR
When does it open? 20 July 2020
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners