New Soho restaurant Firebird is taking over the spot where Corazon used to be. It's from two restaurateurs who hail from St Petersburg, Madina Kazhimova and Anna Dolgushina where their Wong Kar Wine restaurant has been a real success. With the London restaurant name as a clue, it'll focus a fair bit on cooking over fire, using both charcoal and wood (with a bit of house-fermenting, pickling and curing on the side).
They say all of their dishes will be "touched by the flames" and they're delivering a menu that reads rather well:
- Home-made salamis, bresaola and lardo as well as traditional rye malt bread served with dill butter
- Chicken liver pate éclair topped with puffed raisins and walnut
- Raw seabass with fermented fennel and charred pineapple vinaigrette
- Roasted duck breast with plum chutney and burnt plums
- Rump steak with burnt onions, smoked bone marrow and sorrel herb salad
- Honeycomb tiramisu cake.
Anna Dolgushina is also the sommelier and will focus on low intervention wines and the cocktails will have a little more touch of flame on the garnishes, including a toasted white sesame sour. It all sounds rather promising.
More about Firebird
Where is it? 29 Poland Street, London W1F 8QR
When does it open? 7 June 2022
Find out more: Follow them on Instagram @firebird.london.
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners