During a previous lockdown SOLA, Victor Garvey's restaurant with Californian influences in Soho (see our most recent Test Drive) kicked off a series of special bento boxes. This time around, he's going for the full at-home experience with a new meal kit that aims to be an experience as close to the restaurant as possible.
There are two menus, Omnivore and Vegetarian and they're going to change slightly as the weeks continue. Here's how the first menu looks for Omnivores:
- Cured chalk stream trout, dill bavarois
- Cold soup of almond and roasted garlic with smoked mussels, chive croutons and roasted tomato coulis
- Scallops ‘Diplomate’ baked in the shell with black truffle butter and lemon thyme
- A5 Wagyu beef Chateaubriand with Telicherry sauce poivre with Radicchio agrodolce and Potatoes Saint Jouvain
- Dark chocolate croustillant, honey, rosemary, sea salt and handmade Mignardises to finish.
For vegetarians they substitute the meal/fish courses with:
- Pickled beetroot tartare, horseradish bavarois, vegan caviar (instead of trout)
- Fondue of ratte potatoes and preserved morels with 36-month Comté (instead of scallops)
- Jerusalem artichoke Wellington with whole grain mustard, vegetarian demi-glace and roasted red pepper jam (for the main)
There will only be 40 boxes produced every week - so get in early if you want to grab one - and they'll also have some bottles from the SOLA wine list available.
If it's for a special occasion and you trust your piping skills, you can even ask for a complimentary piping bag of tempered chocolate so you can write a message on the plate. See - it's JUST like a restaurant!
More about SOLA
Where is it? 64 Dean St, Soho, London W1D 4QQ
Where do they deliver? Nationwide
How to book: Order it online.
Find out more: Follow them on Instagram @solasoho
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners