Over the many, boring weeks of lockdown, we spent a lot of time on our daily prescribed walk going past the old Dear Pizza spot on Highbury Barn, wondering what new restaurant was opening there.
Now we know - it's Donna Sofia - an Italian restaurant and pizzeria from the folk next door at Da Mario deli. They're serving up a range of antipasti, pasta, mains and pizzas.
On the menu you'll find:
- Toasted sourdough with Colonnata lardo and artichokes
- Carpaccios of salmon and swordfish
- Ravioli Girasole filled with spinach and ricotta
- Tagliata with rocket and parmesan
- Plus a wide range of pizzas
They're currently working on an all-Italian cocktail list and over the next month, they're hoping to open a terrace space at the back as a wine bar which will also serve up cheese and charcuterie boards. If the produce is anything like they sell next door at Da Mario's it'll be excellent.
More about Donna Sofia
Where is it? 36 Highbury Park, London N5 2AA
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners