It occupies an old market in the South part of Lewisham Shopping Centre. Model Market is a little further out than the other Street feast sites, but this cosy venue is worth the journey and is set to be a hotspot during summer. There’s lots of seating spread throughout the market and the addition of a series of ‘diners’ where you can come with a group to enjoy a sit-down meal is a nice touch.
It has a rotating schedule of some of the best new and established street food vendors in London.
On our visit, there was:
- Yum Bun - serving steamed Chinese buns
- The Beefsteaks - A new face at Street Feast serving excellent Steak Frites
- Bill or Beak –A unique take on serving duck and chicken sliders with some impressive servings of fries
- Spit & Roast - Buttermilk fried chicken masters who’ve now introduced their own unique take on Canadian classic poutine.
- Mother Flipper - Cult burger slingers from South London
- Smokestak - Quite possibly the best BBQ you’ll find at any street food market. Brilliant ribs, brisket and more.
Also keep an eye out for traders joining in the coming weeks Mother Clucker, Baz&Freds, Le Bun, The Grilling Greek, Hank’s Po Boys, Busan BBQ, Orange Buffalo and more.
You’ll also find a wide range of bars at regular intervals around the market. There's a Rotary ground floor pushing out their signature “pint sized” cocktails and beer. There’s also an exciting little can bar serving up all manner of craft beer in a can where you won’t have to wait long to be served.
For cocktail lovers there’s a compact Rum Shack where you’ll find all manner of rum-based tiki drinks both large and small. The Lewisham Highline is already proving to be a popular spot, and with an ample amount of seating and it’s very own dedicated bar, it’s definitely the place to be when the sun’s out.
When is it open?
Model Market runs every Friday and Saturday night from 5pm to 1am. It's free entry before 7pm, after that entry is £3.
And where is it? Molesworth Street, London SE13 6LS
For the latest info on Model Market and other Street Feast venues in East London, follow Street Feast on Instagram and Twitter @streetfeastldn
Hot Dinners were invited to Model Market.