29/4/15 - Added launch offer.
As everyone writing a trend piece about London restaurants will tell you, it's all about single item (or at least very pared down) menus at the moment. And making the most of that is upcoming short-order, grilled cheese sandwich shop, The Melt Room, coming to Soho this Spring. The small shop will open from 7am for breakfast, lunch and dinner and there will be 12 seats inside and a local delivery service will also be added later. "Cheesy tunes" are also promised.
On the menu is:
- The Classic - a grilled cheese made with Keens sharp cheddar double slices,
- Slow & low lamb shoulder - with mustard dressed greens and melted Swiss
- Rare roast beef - with Sparkenhoe red Leicestershire.
All sandwiches will be made using hand-made, organic, sourdough bread from Wapping Bakery, while any meat will be free-range Native Breeds meat from Gloucestershire. Plus there will be “Hero” grilled cheese sandwich specials while sides include pickles, relish, cheese-friendly sauces and goat’s cheese popcorn. If you're looking for something a little lighter, how about a tuna bean salad with melted mozzarella or the Green Goddess with quark? There will also be seasonal soups and salads.
The breakfast menu adds a few more sarnies to the mix, including:
- Benedict Melt served with a vintage cheddar hollandaise sauce
- Highland bagel with Philly cream cheese and London-cured smoked salmon
- Plus the Super Veggie option, as well as the Full English grilled cheese sandwich.
Launch info: On May 1 from 12 noon, the melts will all be £5 for a melt and a drink too. For launch day they're running a special "Pay It Forward" event - the first 300 people to buy lunch for the person in the queue behind them will get a completed loyalty card for a free melt on your next visit.
The Melt Room opens May 1 at 26 Noel Street, Soho, London W1F 8GY. For more news follow them on Twitter @melt_room