As you may remember, we were ever so slightly embarrassed about missing our on Asma Khan's Darjeeling Express last year, despite it getting rave after rave (but look out for a Test Drive soon).
And now there's another reason to visit as they're embracing their vegetarian side and introducing a special meat-free menu every Monday (with plenty of vegan dishes on the new menu too).
Here's what's on:
- Aloo Parantha (vegan) - Parantha stuffed with spiced potatoes (2 pieces) £7
- Dal Puri (vegan) - Bengali lentil stuffed puris (4 pieces) - £6
- Kachumbar Salad (vegan) - Cucumber, tomatoes, chillies, red onions and pomegranate with lemon juice - £4
- Beetroot Raita (vegetarian) - Spiced yogurt with raw grated British beetroot - £4
- Bengali Aloo Dum (vegan) - Spicy potatoes - £6
- Papad (vegan) - Served with Bengali tomato chutney - £4
- Bengali Niramish (vegan) - Pumpkin, aubergine, beans, and carrot cooked with panchporan - £11
- Mattar Paneer (vegetarian) - Indian cheese, cooked peas in a thick tomato gravy - £11
- Kala Channa (vegan) - Black chickpeas cooked with ginger and dried red chilies - £11
- Khichidi Classic (vegan) - Comfort rice and dal mix, similar to rice porridge in texture - £7
Yes, that DOES sound very good indeed - particularly the khichidi which Asma tells is was the original inspiration for kedgeree. So if you fancy a meat-free Monday - you know where to go.
Where: Kingly Court, 6 Kingly St, Carnaby, London W1B 5PW
When: From February 5, 2018 and every Monday after that
How to book: Call 020 7287 2828 or email email@example.com.