Gabriel Waterhouse's Water House Project started as a supper club, then became a successful restaurant in Hackney. However, it turns out that was a temporary location and they're now moving to a more permanent space nearby.
The basic premise will carry on as before - a monthly-changing tasting menu, with a bit of Nordic influence throughout. Here's a taster of what's coming on the September menu (and there's a veg version too):
- British lops pork belly donut with plum chutney
- Girolles, tarragon & mushroom consomme
- St Austell mussels & Jerusalem artichoke with chive and lemon
- Herdwick lamb, black garlic, polenta & mint
- Stilton ice-cream with compressed pear & oat crumble
- Celeriac, salted caramel & chocolate truffle
The new restaurant will be split into two communal tables plus a few individual tables - so you can choose just how involved you want to be, but they do like to encourage conversation with your fellow diners.
More about Water house Project
Where is it? 1 Corbridge Cres, London E2 9DS
When does it open? 2 September 2021
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners