Somewhat under the radar, chef and restaurateur Alexis Gauthier has unveiled a new restaurant - this time at Fenwick department store in Mayfair.
As with his main Gauthier restaurant in Soho, 123V is an all-vegan plant-based restaurant, which has a broad range of influences from Southern California, Mexico and Thailand to the south of France. So that means dishes like:
- California cheeseburger - Beyond Meat Patty, House Bun, Vegan Cheese, Onion, Lettuce, Pickles, Special Sauce.
- Huli San Diego - Huli-Huli Jackfruit, Black Beans, Sweet & Sour Cucumber, Tomato, Spring Onions, Mango Salsa, Herb Broth, Red and Black Quinoa.
- Quesedilla Rojo - Fresh Toasted Corn Galette, Harrisa Glazed Aubergine, Confit Red Peppers, Spicy Salsa, Fresh Vegan Cheese, Wild Rocket
However, it's the all-vegan sushi counter that has us particularly interested, which is led by sushi counter head chef Tes Ryu. As well as sushi sets (including vegan tuna and salmon nigiri), there will be a seven-course Morimamé tasting menu that includes:
- Lettuce - Frozen granita, pickled marinated shallots & herbs
- Broad Beans - Ginger marinated V-salmon, rich bean pod and black tea
- Wild Scottish Mushroom - Marinated mushrooms, kataifi, V-tuna carpaccio, shallot/soy dressing
- Cherry - Fresh cherry jelly, sweet cherry sauce
Alongside all that is a vegan wine list and vegan cocktails - plus plenty of cold-pressed juice and coffee. So if you're looking for something brand new on the vegan front - this looks very promising.
More about 123V
Where is it? Fenwick of Bond Street, 63 New Bond Street, London W1S 1RQ
When does it open? Open now
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners