With the April date of alfresco opening getting ever closer, one restaurant is trying something new when they return. Patrick Powell and the Allegra team will be opening their (fantastic looking) rooftop terrace with a new pop-up called Happy Burger
On the new menu will be:
- ‘The Happy Burger’, an Oklahoma-style onion burger with American cheese (and a Beyond Meat alternative too). If you don't know what an Oklahoma onion burger is (we didn't and had to look it up) it's where the fried onions are smashed into the burger patty during cooking.
- Fried chicken with mustard fruit, aioli and pickles
- Fried fish sandwich, with tartare sauce and pickles
- Half a dozen oysters with pickled seaweed mignonette
- Rhubarb and custard doughnut
Sides include fried potatoes with beef chilli, sour cream & cheese and a wedge salad with buttermilk dressing, radish and cucumber.
On top of that, they'll also have Sunday residencies from restaurants that don't have any outside space, who will be taking over their barbecue pit. They've got some really great names booked in so far, including Ben Marks and Matt Emmerson of Perilla in Newington Green (18 April), Sertac and Ferhat Dirik of Dalston’s Mangal 2 (25 April), a chance to preview what Sebastian Myers will be cooking up when he launches Planque (2 May) and John Chantarasak of AngloThai (9 May).
More about Allegra
Where is it? 20 International Way, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, E20 1FD
When? From 15 April, Thursday - Sunday
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners