Almost a decade after its last episode aired, TV cookery show Ready Steady Cook is coming back.
The BBC this week announced it'll be broadcasting a new series on BBC One Daytime in 2020, hosted by Celebrity MasterChef finalist Rylan Clark-Neal.
They've also published a list of chefs taking part in the new series, two of which have London restaurants.
- Ellis Barrie - from the Marram Grass in Anglesey
- Mike Reid - owner of steak restaurant M London
- Romy Gill - who's just closed her Bristol restaurant and has just published her latest book, Zaika: Vegan recipes from India
- Akis Petretzikis - Greek celebrity chef and YouTuber
- Anna Haugh - chef/patron of newly-opened Chelsea restaurant Myrtle
If you haven't seen the show before (c'mon - really?!) the premise is the contestant comes on with a bag of ingredients, which has to have cost under a tenner. They have 20 minutes, working with their paired chef, to then use those ingredients to come up with amazing dishes. There are also wildcard ingredients thrown in to mix it up a bit. The second challenge lasts just 10 minutes and is based on audience ingredients cards.
"After making the finals of Celebrity MasterChef I know how tough cooking under pressure can be," says Rylan. "I’m sure that the mix of new challenges, fantastic chefs and enthusiastic cooks will be a recipe for success, maybe with the odd disaster!"
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners