It truly is the time of the food hall. We're getting all manner of Market Halls, The YBFs are coming to the City, KERB is opening in Seven Dials and now there's Arcade Food Theatre opening in Centre Point.
And they have some very interesting people involved. We broke the story on TA TA Eatery's Project Tou recently - and it turns out that this is where they'll be serving up their katsu sandwiches. But even that's just scratching the surface. Here's who will have a kitchen each:
- Pophams Bakery - soon after they open in Hackney, they'll be in Centre Point. Yes, you'll be able to pick up a maple bacon croissant to fuel your shopping journey down Oxford Street
- TŌU by TĀ TĀ Eatery - you can read the full story here, but essentially this will serve London's best katsu sandwiches. And yes, they are amazing.
- Pastorcito- this comes from the Harts Group (Barrafina, El Pastor) and continues the journey of the Mexican Pastor brand (following the recent King's Cross opening). Expect tacos.
- Oklava - Selin Kiazim and Laura Christie's Shoreditch restaurant comes to Centre Point. We loved Kyseri and eagerly await this.
- Flat Iron Workshop - they do steak for a tenner elsewhere, but here is where you can find new dishes and specialist cuts.
- Casita Do Frango - you all voted Casa do Frango as your favourite restaurant of 2018, and now here's their second. Portuguese cooking with lots of very good piri-piri chicken,
- Chotto by Chotto Matte - Nikkei cuisine (Japanese-Peruvian fare) from the Soho restaurant.
On top of that, there will be three bars, a coffee and bakery, an outdoor terrace and they'll also have a special kitchen called "The Loft" to show off new talent.
We'll have more news on all the kitchens coming to The Arcade soon. And don't forget - a new Din Tai Fung is opening at Centre Point soon too...
More about Arcade Food Theatre
Where is it? Arcade Food Theatre, 103-105 New Oxford Street, London, WC2H 8LH.
When does it open? July 2019
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners