What: The Market
In a nutshell: Workplace canteen by day, food hall and restaurant by night
Summing it all up: The next people to get into the food hall business are The YBF's. They're teaming up with Rhubarb for this huge new food and drink area inside the big 22 Bishopsgate development.
London really is spoiled when it comes to food halls of late. We've already seen the dominance of Market Halls, who are planning to open on Oxford Street and Canary Wharf. And we're also expecting a big new London Eataly in the City and the KERB's Seven Dials Market in Covent Garden.
Next, we see a new group getting in on the game - this time it's the YBF's, until now best known for their yearly awards. They're joining forces with Rhubarb (most recently behind Vivi in Centre Point) for The Market, a huge new food hall on Bishopsgate - specifically the huge new development of 22 Bishopsgate.
Here's what we know so far.
- It'll be big (22,000 sq ft), taking up a fair chunk of the second floor of the building, having room for 450 diners.
- During working hours - it'll only be available to those working at 22 Bishopsgate. Kind of a next-level canteen.
- Out of hours - weekends and Saturdays, it'll open to the public.
- The design will be by New York’s The MP Shift (Lucknow 49, Flor) and Brighton’s Design LSM (Farzi Cafe)
- As for what food and drink we can expect, we're told there will be a " restaurant and adjoining terrace, a modern wine bar, as well as a selection of food and drink offerings in street-food style kiosks and pop-ups" with that latter part most like other food halls.
We'll have more news closer to the opening.
More about The Market
Where is it? 22 Bishopsgate, London
When does it open? 2020
Find out more: Follow them on Twitter @22Bishopsgate.
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners