Updated 28/8/18 with soft launch info
In a nutshell: Battersea pizzeria with impeccable sourcing
Summing it all up: When a former Natoora director opens his own south London pizzeria, you'd better expect every ingredient to have been impeccably sourced.
As you might imagine, anyone who worked at London's high end fruit and veg supplier Natoora for seven years, knows a thing or two about the best produce. So now that Vittorio Maschio has moved into the pizza business, he'll be vying for the title of London's best pizza.
The restaurant will take a no frills approach to celebrating exceptional ingredient provenance with a pizza menu that evolves through the seasons.
Manifesto, Vittorio's upcoming Battersea pizzeria, is going to be super seasonal. With just 30 seats, this south London pizzeria will be serving up pizzas using the Biga-style technique of dough production, which takes 48 hours of proving. And of course the flour, mozzarella and salami on the pizzas will be the best you can get. So...
- Flour: this comes from Molino Pasini - a quality family mill that's been going for 80 years.
- Cheese: They'll be using “fior di latte” from Puglia
- Salami: Sourced from family business Pedrazzoli which has been making organic charcuterie for 22 years
- Olives: Organic Taggiasca olives grown at 400m above sea level.
Having spent so much time sourcing the ingredients, the menu by comparison is super simple. Just six pizzas plus one “Gourmet Special” each week. No dessert options. It's a similar story with the wine - just two reds, two whites and one prosecco.
So expect to find a pizza menu with these as well as others:
- Tomato base, Taggiasche olives and anchovies from Cantabria (£5.90).
- Ricotta base, rocket, spicy salami and chilli (£7.80)
- Roasted potatoes, rosemary, sausage, roasted red peppers and fior di latte cheese (£9.80)
- Margherita (£6.50)
More about Manifesto
Where is it? 148 Northcote Road, London, SW11 6RD
When does it open? 27 August 2018
Soft launch offer: 27th August for five days - 50% off food. Walk-ins only.
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners