Opening this week is a new restaurant in Shoreditch, The Jones Family Project, taking up a prime position on Great Eastern Road, opposite the Hoxton Hotel.
The "family" in question is made up of a group of people who have worked together in a number of projects in the pasl. Duncan Watts was one of the people behind Pitcher & Piano and he's working with with Anna Watts, Amit Joshi, Cristiano Caputo (who also worked with Pitcher and Piano) and Giles Stafford.
The Project is split across two floors, seating 50 on the ground floor and a further 150 in the basement restaurant. In the kitchen will be executive head chef Cristiano Caputo. He'll be putting together a menu that includes...
- Duck Egg Scramble. Belper Knolle truffle oil - £7.50
- Duck Liver & Brandy Parfait, Plum chilli jam, toasted brioche, giardiniera - £7.50
- Baked Medjool Dates Stuffed With Chorizo & Wrapped in Bacon, Whitebean, piquillo & tomato sauce - £8
- Baked Salmon & Asian Herbs, Baby aubergine , Kumara sweet potato & galangal coconut sauce, roasted chilli & peanut sambal - £18.50
- Venison Haunch Steak, Parsnip puree, red wine & pomegranate sauce - £18.50
- Jones' Double Burger on a glazed demi brioche bun with tomato, lettuce, oxtail stock, mayonnaise, garnished with sesame gherkin & crispy onions - £13.50
- A potato menu that includes Truffled Potato Dauphinoise and Potato & Godminster Vintage Cheese Croquettes for £3.50
- And desserts that include Olive Oil Chocolate Mousse with crushed chocolate cookies, honeycomb and raspberry syrup for £5
Wines will start at around the £19 mark (with 10 bottles at £30 or under) with cocktails between £8 and £10 with a cocktail menu that focuses on Manhattans, Negronis, Martinis and more.
The Jones Family Project is at 78 Great Eastern Street, London EC2A 3JL. The soft launch starts on Thursday November 14th, with 50% off food until the 25th. You can book by emailing email@example.com,