Updated 20/3/15 with new pics and a menu
After many years of only having one outpost in London, the Ivy is stretching its legs and continuing to expand across London. Only late last year they launched the Ivy Market Grill in Covent Garden and now they're heading west to the King's Road for the very alfresco-y Ivy Chelsea Garden.
What you need to know about Ivy Chelsea Garden
They want as many walk-ins as possible. In fact half of the tables will be available with no reservation - so getting a table should be fairly achievable.
It will have a pretty impressive and pretty big garden. More specifically, it will have at the back an "extensive orangery, terrace and garden." It has been designed by Anthony Challis and Dan Curran of Ginkgo Gardens and promises "trailing wisteria and climbing roses adorning the garden’s pergolas, the soothing sound of water tinkling on the stone clad fountains, arched antique mirrors set into leafy trellises."
But the inside won't be too shabby either. There is a bar lounge, café and restaurant, all designed by Martin Brudnizki and his team (Ivy Market Grill, Holborn Dining Room, Hix, 34 and many, many others). According to the Ivy's press release, we can expect the following: "The colour palate includes burned orange, pewter, forest green and mustard yellow. The floors range from reclaimed wooden parquet to a marble mosaic black and white diamond pattern; the antique mirrors, bronzed wall lights and lanterns add a touch of faded glamour".
And as for the food, the all-day menu (plus weekend brunch) promises a mix of British and international dishes. On the menu will be:
- Raw yellow fin tuna carpaccio with spiced avocado, lime zest, crème fraîche and coriander shoots
- Chopped lobster rigatoni bake with Amalfi lemon and zucchini.
- The Chelsea garden salad - thinly shaved raw garden vegetable with avocado hummus and a Manuka honey dressing
- Poached hen's eggs with sliced avocado and roasted vine tomatoes on toasted seed loaf with a spiced sesame yoghurt dressing.
- Melting chocolate bombe with milk foam, vanilla ice cream and honeycomb centre with hot salted caramel sauce.
There will be afternoon tea too and they'll have toasted crumpets with Marmite, mustard and parsley butter for "elevenses".
Where is it? 197 King’s Road, London SW3 5ED
And when does it open? March 30. You can book now on 020 3301 0300 or on their website.
For more information, follow them on Twitter @IvyChelsGarden.