We told you all about our favourite places to eat in 2017 and then we asked you to let us know what your favourite new restaurant of 2017 was. And you didn't disappoint us. Now the votes have been tallied and we have a winner....
Your pick for favourite new restaurant of 2017 is none other than Andi's in Stoke Newington!
Here are some of your comments about the place:
"We had our anniversary supper here, the food was generous, imaginative and utterly delicious, like the very best home cooking, service was lovely and it's a room you could hang out in all day. A really special place. London needs more like Andi's!"
"Amazing neighbourhood restaurant. Great welcoming atmosphere. And steak tartare with marmite soldiers - one of the BEST dishes in London."
"Friendly, warm and welcoming. Innovative menu, with flavours and quality that are outstanding. Creatively and admirably led by the unique and London's newest culinary star Andi Oliver. An excellent addition to the eating scene in London."
"It feels like a proper old-school neighbourhood restaurant with the loveliest, most welcoming atmosphere and yummy food. The steak tartare is frankly outrageous and reason enough to always return."
"This is a rare place - exceptional food day and night and always in an atmosphere that warms your heart."
"Love this beautiful restaurant. At a time when I was terrified that small independent restaurants could not thrive (they have been dropping like flies) and we would be over-run by chains or groups along comes Andi's and really shows the beauty of a small independent restaurant with pretty decor, amazing food and brilliant service."
Huge congratulations to Andi's. Fancy going there having read all of that? Here's how to book a table.
That's not all - here are the rest of your top 10 favourite new restaurants:
2. The Wigmore: "Not only did this local hangout capture what Marylebone and Upper Regent Street is all about, the food and drinks in this 'posh-ish' pub are the best in their category. I really hope that this beautifully conceived venue receives the recognition it deserves."
3. Ella Canta: "You can taste every single corner of Mexico throughout the menu."
4. Smoking Goat Shoreditch: "Insanely good flavours, buzzy atmosphere and interesting drinks list. You can almost imagine you're back in Bangkok! The duck laab and those chilli fish sauce chicken wings are definitely some of the best dishes I ate in 2018."
5. The Cheese Bar: "Because I've never seen someone put this much effort into cheese before. The place looks great. The food tastes great and it all originates from the U.K. It's original, swanky and fun."
6. The Oystermen: "Everything about this place is serene. Unlike other seafood-shack-style places, The Oystermen doesn't strive too hard for the brutality of exposed wood and open air, instead opting for comfort. The result is a thoroughly delightful and charming ambience, with unbelievable food to match. I'd eat here every day if I could."
7. The Coal Shed: "They've brought the great food from Brighton and made it even better with a real touch of class. A stunning restaurant."
8. Pastaio: "The best pasta. Cacio and Pepe to die for. Great location with fresh, upbeat atmosphere."
9. Darjeeling Express: "You know a restaurant is great when you recommend it to everyone you know! Comfy atmosphere, super friendly staff, great concept, superb cocktails (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), good prices, and best of all, absolutely delicious food. I made a booking whilst there for my next visit - I have never done that before."
10. Fuime: "Great location overlooking the river, hearty food made with fresh, vibrant ingredients from the Mediterranean. Amazing service."
Congratulations to all of the above. And if you want to remind yourself who we gave awards to, read that right here.