The Cornish Grill continues to showcase some of the more interesting pop-ups and events in town and now they're back with a 1920s themed night.
Little Bird Told Me will be a pop-up bar and dining room taking place in the arches of ever-popular Maltby street. It's making its home in the area where the vintage and reclaimed furniture is housed. So antique wood panelling will be used to create "rooms" and the space will be decorated with reclaimed objects from birdhouses to old Victorian bathtubs.
The waiters will all be wearing 20s clothes - flat caps, trilbies, braces - and there will be a classic car parked out the front - a Citroen Traction Avant - so you'll have no trouble finding the place. The menu is being created by NOPI sous chefs Myles Broscoe and Luke Findlay and includes:
- Little Bird Gin cocktail on arrival
- Amuse bouche of cold scallop w/ urfa (a dried Turkish pepper) & lemon butter
- Chargrilled heirloom corn salad w/ Cornish mustard greens & aromatic dressing
- Grilled underblade steak & chips w/ black garlic aioli or steak sauce
- Special dessert by Lily Vanilli.
There will be more drinks in the shape of classic gin cocktails. The event is on Friday October 5 and costs £30 to book, which you can do here.