2/3/22 - updated with more opening details
This time it's Tattu, who are going to be launching at the new development on Denmark Street, called The Now Building. They're taking on the rooftop space and terrace, so it should have great views and it'll be big too - with space for over 180 diners.
The restaurant design should be striking. Its inspired by a traditional Chinese courtyard house, and there will be four distinct spaces with a courtyard in the middle. There's The Flamboyant Opposite House (that's the bar), The Intimate Western Residence (dining area), The Regal Main Residence (where you'll find their DJs along with a traditional stone garden), and The Spectacular Inner Courtyard, which joins them all together and features a huge cherry blossom chandelier and 'spectacular skylight'.
Tattu has already opened in Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh - it's a Chinese-inspired restaurant with a focus on sharing dishes. There will be a brand new menu for the London restaurant with some of their signature dishes on their too so you can expect dishes like:
- Sweet and Sour Iberico Pork - Pineapple, banana shallots and dragon fruit
- OK Glazed Tempeh - Padron peppers, cape gooseberry and grapes
- Steamed Butterfly Sea Bass - Shaoxing wine, lemon soy and caramel chilli.
- Tattu Candy Rice - Orange, candied ginger and beetroot.
- Chocolate and Hazelnut Pagoda - Almond cake, lemon meringue and espresso caramel
How will they compare with what's on offer in Chinatown just down the road? We'll have to see.
More about Tattu
Where is it? The Now Building, Outernet, Denmark Pace, London WC2H 0LA.
When does it open? 8 April 2022
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners