Updated 7/6/21 with details of the menu
It was cancelled last year, for fairly obvious reasons, but Taste of London is back on for 2021.
The event which gathers a host of London restaurants together in Regent's Park seems ideal for what will, once again, be a very alfresco-heavy summer. But there is a big difference this year - it'll be back from Wednesday - Sunday for two consecutive weeks instead of one. Whether that means they'll also be reducing the number of tickets available for each day to help a little with social distancing, we're yet to find out.
We've had an exclusive early peek at the menu which includes:
- Napoli Gang will have the exclusive Chocorgasmo Pizza, a dessert with a homemade chocolate hazelnut spread (plus a limited number of their towering Lemon Meringue Pie)
- Hoppers will have a Lamb shoulder roti - braised lamb shoulder curry on a flaky roti, topped with crisps, herbs and pickles.
- Santo Remedio’s menu features a Baja Style Fish Taco, with beer-battered fish, jalapeño mayo and pico de gallo
- Egg Run has the TruffleRun, exclusive to Taste with an organic 100% beef patty, fried egg, lettuce, cheddar cheese, tomatoes and their secret truffle sauce
- Sonora Taqueria’s daily special will be short rib and beef cheek torta, with slow beer-braised beef, refried bean puree, pickled vegetables on Mexican bolillo bread.
- Arros QD will be cooking Cornish Queen Scallop rice, cooked in paella over the open fire at the Fire Pit (and look out for Elizabeth Haigh there too)
Other restaurants include
- Flesh and Buns
- Burger & Lobster
- Dumplings Legend
- Fatt Pundit
- Santo Remedio
- Casa Calavera by Hakkasan
- New vegan spot Flower Burger
- Giz n Green
- Sambal Shiok
- Bar Douro
The Fire Pit area returns, headed up Jack Whitehall & Marcus Petty-Saphon’s Food Slut along with Hot4U, Original Flava and Native, among others.
We also like the sound of the smaller kitchen experience Chop it Like It's Hot - where small groups get tips from chefs like Asma Khan, Ravinder Bhogal and Holborn Dining Room’s Nokx Majozi.
It wouldn't be Taste without a few drinks and both the Champagne Laurent-Perrier edition of The Berkeley's afternoon tea Prêt-à-Portea and the Aspall Picnic Meadow sound worth checking out.
More about Taste of London
Where is it? Regent's Park, London NW1 4NR
When? Wednesday - Sunday 7-11, 14-18 July 2021
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners